- Branch Secretary: Laura Wilson
- Vice-President (Academic Staff): Linda Connor
- Vice-President (General Staff): Mark Johnston
- Branch President: Kurt Iveson (Kurt has been re-elected unopposed, so you're stuck with him!)
An experienced and effective team
We have a proven track record of working hard for the interests of NTEU members at the University of Sydney and getting results. This includes:
- leading the negotiations for the University of Sydney’s sector-leading Enterprise Agreement;
- involvement in all aspects of Branch activity, from representing members with individual workplace issues, to captaining picket lines and leading campaigns;
- working productively with NTEU delegates and staff to increase the membership of the University of Sydney Branch, which is now the largest in the country.
In the next two years, our priorities include working together with members to:
- fight for secure work, by organizing effectively to contest casualization and redundancies;
- improve staff participation in university governance, by working with members to establish Local Joint Consultative Committees and Academic Workload Committees;
- grow and strengthen our union before our next round of Enterprise Bargaining by recruiting, organising and training new members in all parts of the University.