I am School Manager in the School of Economics. I’ve been an active NTEU member for 18 years, including:
- membership of the NTEU team for three rounds of enterprise bargaining including 2017;
- membership of Branch Committees, NTEU National Council, NTEU Women’s Action Committee;
- providing industrial support to individual members.
Key achievements of which I’m proud include:
- improved access to paid parental leave;
- improved job security for general staff; and
- sector leading support provisions for individuals affected by domestic and family violence.
I am running for Branch Secretary alongside Kurt Iveson (Branch President), Mark Johnston (Vice-President, General) and Linda Connor (Vice-President, Academic). Our team has a proven track record of working hard for the interests of NTEU members and getting results. This includes:
- leading the negotiations for our sector-leading Enterprise Agreement;
- involvement in all aspects of Branch activity, from representing members to captaining picket lines and leading campaigns;
- working with members to grow the University of Sydney Branch to be the largest in the country.